1/5/12

Ritual 1: Starting from scratch

1. Be kind to myself

Today this involved letting my body rest, feeding myself, and taking care of my son. When I was able to, I went to the living room and slipped my new blindfold on (purchased in China!) and got crackin.

2. Drink tea.

I had had 3 cups of tea earlier in the day brewed in my glass teapot and drunk from my glass teacups. The tea (which was lovely) was a blend given to me from a past Midnight Tea guest!


3. Blindfold myself (also known as "meditate" to the normals)



During my "meditation" I tried to concentrate on my environment-- the smooth tatami under my body-- the sound of the house sleeping around the baby, the space heater breathing on me.

4. Write/reflect.


I took the blindfold off and my cell phone said 3 o'clock on the dot. I immediately wondered what strange force stirred me out of my reverie because school let's out at 3 p.m. I have to pick my daughter up! Minor freakout. I was fifteen minutes late, cue "Loser" rinse and repeat. I guess I was more tired than I thought because my meditation felt more like a nap today.

5. Document