1/6/12

Practice: Follow Through

On New Year's Day, I rallied the troops. We went through the closets and drawers gathering up our old clothing and setting things aside for charity. It was a good feeling, like eating trail mix during a nice hike. Unfortunately, I need to practice *follow through* because those clothes aren't going to help anyone from a corner in my basement. My goal is to schedule a pick-up by next Friday!

If I could streamline my process, I could work smarter instead of harder. With housekeeping matters, I leave the perfectionism to Amy, I just try to keep areas clear of clutter. Piles attract more piles, so I spend most of my energy fighting the tendency to pile. As I've said before, it's a work in progress, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere.



If I do things right away, they get done. Procrastination is like a drug and I'm clearly an addict.